We will do it for you!
RDO Servers offers free website migrations for all new shared hosting customers, and managed VPS and dedicated server customers. If you don’t want to do it yourself, just let us know, we will do all the hard work for you! Simply order your new hosting account, and then open a ticket to our support department. Be sure to let us know what site or sites you want migrated, and include your current Arvixe login details so that we can access your current hosting account.
Do it yourself
If you would rather migrate your own site yourself, there are several options. The easiest would be a cPanel to cPanel (Linux) or Plesk to Plesk (Windows) transfer.
- Login to your Arvixe account and make a backup of your website, databases, emails, etc.
- Once the backup is complete, locate the backup file in your file manager or via ftp
- Download the backup file to your local computer
- Login to your hosting account at RDO Servers
- Use the cPanel/Plesk backup utility to upload your backup file and restore all of your content
- Once you have confirmed that all of your content has been restored properly, change your nameservers to use RDO Servers
- As soon as DNS propagates, your site will be running smoothly on RDO Servers!
If your website uses database connections, be sure to check your connection strings. You will need to point your database connections to mssql.rdoservers.com (MS SQL) or mysql.rdoservers.com (MySQL)
If you are migrating from a different control panel, or migrating a VPS or Dedicated server without a control panel, you will have to move all of your data manually. If you need help with this, let us know, we would be glad to help!